Monday, March 31, 2008

Tropical Heat I

Encaustic on Panel, Framed
10" x 10"
$100 + 9.95 S&H

To purchase this work, please click the button below, or Email Me.


The next couple of weeks are going to have wonderful reds showing, mostly because those were the colors that I mixed (hehe). That is one of the few drawbacks to encaustic. Unlike painting with oil or acrylics, you have to more or less mix the colors (first), then mix the color with wax. At least you can reuse the paint if you cover it with saran wrap and freeze it. I usually mix my colors in either dixie cups or old cat food/tuna containers so that I can heat the color on a hot plate. I also hate to waste any of the paint, so I try to use as much of the colors mixed as possible, which is why you usually see similar color schemes for a couple of days in a row.

In other news, I finally got my camera fixed! That was quite the boon to doing a painting a day. I was still doing them, but unfortunately, had no way of visually recording it. I love how I have actually picked up the intensity of the painting-a-day and am actually doing it every day (well, every working day). In any case, its rainy outside, so I won't be tempted to procrastinate by spending my day outside! Have a wonderful Monday!

No comments: